Fibre Flush Detox Smoothie
Leigh – Anne Franklin – B.SC Kinesiology, M.SC Health & Nutrition
Wait… healthy can taste good, even in this sweet-tasting smoothie that’s full of kale and
broccoli. Don’t be afraid–be brave and give it a try– if you make it and hate it you can tell me
about it later, meanwhile while you’re getting the guts up to drink it, check out its
many redeeming qualities that are available to your whole body.
- Kale provides an abundance of vitamin A and K.
- Broccoli contains iron and folate
- Apples are full of pectin
- Carrots are teeming with beta-carotene.
- Celery is loaded with vitamin A, B1, B2, B6 and C.
This smoothie provides a wealth of vitamins and minerals while optimizing your digestive health
(tons o’ fibre)… it ain’t called fibre flush for nothing
- 2 large kale leaves
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2 apples, peeled and cored
- 1 carrot
- ½ a lemon, peeled
- 2 stalks celery, one for your smoothie and one for garnish.
- 2 cups purified water
1. Throw kale, broccoli, apples, carrot, lemon, celery and 1 cup of water in a blender (I use a
Vitamix), and blend until thoroughly combined.
2. Add remaining 1 cup of water while blending